Dimetapp 12 Hour Nasal Spray is a nasal decongestant the clears blocked noses. It is used for the relief of blocked noses caused by colds, flus, sinusitis, hayfever or other allergic sinusitis. It provides fast acting relief for up to 12 hours and is non-drowsy.
Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride 0.5mg/ml (0.05%) ; sodium chloride, benzalkonium chloride and sorbitol solution
- Do not use if you have an allergy to oxymetazoline.
- Do not use if you have narrow angle glaucoma.
- Do not use if you have undergone recent trans-nasal surgery.
- Do not use in children under 6 years.
Precautions (check with pharmacist before use if any of the following apply):
If you have high blood pressure, heart disease, overactive thyroid or diabetes, if you have been using this product for a prolonged period, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you are taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitors or a tricyclic antidepressant.
Adults and children over 6: Spray 1-3 sprays into each nostril up to two times per day (every 10-12 hours).
Prime metered pump by spraying several times before first use. With head upright, insert nozzle into nostril and depress pump 1 to 3 times all the way down with a firm, even stroke and sniff deeply. Repeat into other nostril.
Do not use for more than 3 days in a row (prolonged or excessive use may cause stuffiness in the nose to return or worsen).
- Do NOT use for children under 6 years.
- Do not use this product for more than 3 days.
- If congestion persists, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- The use of this dispenser by more than one person may spread infection.
- If you are not sure whether you should start using oxymetazoline, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Common side effects: Dryness or irritation of the nasal mucosa, nausea, headache, local burning sensation.
Rare side effects: Allergic reactions (skin rash, itching), blurred vision, irregular or fast heartbeat.